Just like many other products that you will find on the market today, there really is no lack of varieties when it comes to choosing tennis ball machines. You can get these machines that are found at the top line options. They usually go for thousands of dollars and are the best on the market. Or you can just go with the more simple and basic route. What you choose is dependent on your budget, expectations, and what you are looking for.
There are various brands and tech that is available in tennis ball launchers. Generally, it is best to get a ball machine that is based on what suits you. Here is how you go about choosing a tennis ball launcher.
Choosing the Type of Machine
There are different types of tennis ball machines that can make use of either compressed air or rotating wheel, and with each ball machine providing their own pros and cons.
- Compressed air is not as hard on the tennis balls when in use.
- It is a less expensive option than the rotating wheel.
- Compressed air tennis ball machines usually can get noisy.
- They are not accurate when using different types of balls.
- This type is more consistent when compared to the compressed air models.
- It does not make as much noise as the compressed air option.
- The tennis ball will wear out sooner with the rotating wheel.
- It is more expensive than the other options.
Types of Spin Offered
On the market, there are different topspin and backspin features. They are a great addition if you want them, since you can learn to get better at different kinds of swings and swerves.
There are some tennis ball machines that will let you shoot directly at yourself, while there are some machines that will shoot the ball from one side to the other.
There are some machine that would encourage the user to get a workout in between the shots, and this is done by dodging from side to side.