If you’re in the market for a hybrid table saw, there are a few different models to choose from. Once you figure out your project requirements, you can start to shop around for your saw. So which type of hybrid table saw is right for you and your projects?
What is a Hybrid Table Saw?
First things first. Let’s talk about what a hybrid table saw is and how it can benefit your woodworking. A hybrid table saw is a stationary saw. It’s basically a cross between an expensive professional cabinet maker saw and a saw that you’d see contractors using. They take the best of both saws and combine them for the ultimate woodworking experience.
You’ll find the motor for your saw inside the cabinet to save space in your workshop. There is usually a long table that is removable or folds out of the way.
They were designed this way so that everyday folks could use them in their smaller spaces. Table saws are heavy duty, built with stainless steel and cast iron quality parts to make sure that they can take everyday work and last a long time.
4 Types of Hybrid Table Saws
There are several different types of hybrid table saws that are available on the market. When buying a hybrid table saw, keep the following types in mind:
- Tabletop – These types are the most basic type of table saws. They do not come with a stand of their own and they usually have the most limited cutting capacity. These types are usually very easy to move from one place to another, although, making models like the Makita 2704, which is perfect for smaller workshops.
- Mobile – The mobile table saws have a lightweight table, and these tables come fitted with wheels, this make these types great for worksites where you would need to move from one place to the other quite often.
- Hybrid – Hybrid table saws like the Shop Fox W1837 have a much more substantial table than a mobile model. They have very restricted mobility but would be great for smaller ones.
- Heavy-Duty – Just as the name says, these table saws are better suited of professional shops where they will see a heavy use. They will be more expensive than the other models, but they will give you more stability and cutting capacity than any other type.
Tips on the Productive Table Saw Working
There are a few things that you can do to make sure that your table saw is as effective as possible.
- Use the right blade based on the material that you are cutting.
- Make sure that you have enough room.
- Provide outfeed support.
- Keep the tabletop clean and free of debris.
- Make sure that the blade is properly aligned.
- Make sure that you use a dust collection system.
- Make sure that the blade is used at the correct height based on the thickness of your material.
- Use an accurate miter gauge.
It does not matter whether you are a DIYer or a pro contractor, you certainly understand the importance of having a quality table saw. These tools allow you to cut wood in a variety of ways no matter if you want to reduce the length, width, or cut it at an angle.